Friday, January 25, 2013

I recently started playing around with the idea of learning 2d game making in my spare time. However, while I want to learn Java, I don't have the knowledge to be able to start programming games yet (or much else for that matter) so I've started using a free game creating tool called Construct 2 . I've spent the past couple of hours tinkering around and working through a tutorial for beginners, and it seems pretty intuitive but still manages to have plenty of flexibility. Here is a screenshot of the workspace:
Since all of the games can run in HTML 5, they will work on virtually any system that has an up-to-date web browser (along with Windows 8 apps and select mobile OS's). I haven't found a way to embed the simple game I created into blogger yet, but I'm going to do some more digging to see if I can discover a way to do this. However, here are a couple screen-captures of the game running in the Chrome browser:

While I was alive:

And after I died...

It's not much, but it's a start. I'm hoping to have the time to continue to poke around and tinker with Construct 2 this weekend and in the coming months. Well, I guess it's time to turn in. Have a safe weekend and God bless!

~Writer

Credits:
The tutorial I used to create this game can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment